Welcome to Colne Town Council
Colne is a vibrant and handsome market town in north-east Lancashire surrounded by a glorious upland landscape, including the famous Pendle Hill. Its unspoilt countryside can be easily explored on foot or bike and we are close to many of Pendle’s loveliest villages, such as Wycollar, Trawden and Blacko. Boulsworth Hill, to the North of the Colne, is also part of Pendle’s Three Peaks Trails, while the Pendle Way and Bronte Way pass through the area.
Colne is home to the original Boundary Mill and has a thriving retail sector, with many quirky independent shops and restaurants. The Muni, Hippodrome and The Little Theatre provide fabulous cultural enrichment to the town, which also hosts the Great British Rhythm and Blues Festival each August.
Sport plays an important role in Colne life, with Colne FC, Colne Cricket Club, Colne Rugby Club, Cycle Sport Pendle and swimming Club, Colne Sharks, catering for those with sporting aspirations.
Pendle Hill Poppy 1918
- Giant Pendle Hill Poppy Begins Colne Commemorates… 1918 June 18, 2018
- Colne’s Primary Schools Prepare for Colne Commemorates… 1918 June 13, 2018
- Time is Running Out to Comment on The Colne Plan! June 12, 2018
- Olympic Gold Medallist flies the flag for Colne Grand Prix. June 6, 2018
- Town Council’s Colne Plan Shifts to Heritage Focus May 23, 2018