Welcome to Colne Town Council
Colne Town Council look after our beautiful town, Colne is a vibrant and handsome market town in north-east Lancashire surrounded by a glorious upland landscape, including the famous Pendle Hill. Its unspoilt countryside can be easily explored on foot or bike and we are close to many of Pendle’s loveliest villages, such as Wycollar, Trawden and Blacko. Boulsworth Hill, to the North of the Colne, is also part of Pendle’s Three Peaks Trails, while the Pendle Way and Bronte Way pass through the area.
Colne is home to the original Boundary Mill and has a thriving retail sector, with many quirky independent shops and restaurants. The Muni, Hippodrome and The Little Theatre provide fabulous cultural enrichment to the town, which also hosts the Great British Rhythm and Blues Festival each August as part of a very busy event schedule run by Colne Town Council.
Sport plays an important role in Colne life, with Colne FC, Colne Cricket Club, Colne & Nelson Rugby Club, Cycle Sport Pendle and swimming Club, Colne Sharks, catering for those with sporting aspirations.
Christmas Closing Times
Colne Town Council offices are closed from Monday 24th December 2018 until Wednesday the 2nd January 2019. The case of emergency repairs being needed to Colne Town Council Bus Shelters, Benches or the parks listed below please contact Unique Clean on 01282 867666.
- Waterside Junior Play area, Senior Play Area and MUGA
- Hawley Street Play Area
- Daisy/ Atkinson Street Play Area
- West Street Play Area
- Millenium Green Play Area
- King George V Play Area and MUGA
- Town Council to Make Geoff Crambie Freeman January 7, 2019
- Colne Commemorates Exhibition Wins Widespread Praise November 13, 2018
- Colne Commemorates Exhibition Expands November 8, 2018
- Colne Commemorates Exhibition at Town Hall November 2, 2018
- New CEO and Clerk for Colne Town Council October 2, 2018