Welcome to Colne Town Council
Colne is a vibrant and handsome market town in north-east Lancashire surrounded by a glorious upland landscape, including the famous Pendle Hill. Its unspoilt countryside can be easily explored on foot or bike and we are close to many of Pendle’s loveliest villages, such as Wycollar, Trawden and Blacko. Boulsworth Hill, to the North of the Colne, is also part of Pendle’s Three Peaks Trails, while the Pendle Way and Bronte Way pass through the area.
Colne is home to the original Boundary Mill and has a thriving retail sector, with many quirky independent shops and restaurants. The Muni, Hippodrome and The Little Theatre provide fabulous cultural enrichment to the town, which also hosts the Great British Rhythm and Blues Festival each August.
Sport plays an important role in Colne life, with Colne FC, Colne Cricket Club, Colne Rugby Club, Cycle Sport Pendle and swimming Club, Colne Sharks, catering for those with sporting aspirations.
- Fort Vale Engineering to take the lead at Colne Grand Prix 2018 April 18, 2018
- Colne Horticultural Society in partnership with Colne Town Council, is holding it Annual daffodil and Spring Flower Show. April 11, 2018
- The Great British Rhythm & Blues festival are thrilled to announce their new stage for 2018. March 30, 2018
- Easter in Colne March 25, 2018
- The Great British Rhythm & Blues Festival 2017 Nominated for its second Awards January 26, 2018