Welcome to Colne Town Council
Colne Town Council look after our beautiful town, Colne is a vibrant and handsome market town in north-east Lancashire surrounded by a glorious upland landscape, including the famous Pendle Hill. Its unspoilt countryside can be easily explored on foot or bike and we are close to many of Pendle’s loveliest villages, such as Wycollar, Trawden and Blacko. Boulsworth Hill, to the North of the Colne, is also part of Pendle’s Three Peaks Trails, while the Pendle Way and Bronte Way pass through the area.
Colne is home to the original Boundary Mill and has a thriving retail sector, with many quirky independent shops and restaurants. The Muni, Hippodrome and The Little Theatre provide fabulous cultural enrichment to the town, which also hosts the Great British Rhythm and Blues Festival each August as part of a very busy event schedule run by Colne Town Council.
Sport plays an important role in Colne life, with Colne FC, Colne Cricket Club, Colne & Nelson Rugby Club, Cycle Sport Pendle and swimming Club, Colne Sharks, catering for those with sporting aspirations.
- New CEO and Clerk for Colne Town Council October 2, 2018
- Two New Councillors for Waterside August 15, 2018
- **POSITION FILLED** Vacancy – Chief Executive Officer August 1, 2018
- **POSITION FILLED** Vacancy – Financial Officer August 1, 2018
- THOUSANDS TO LINE UP FOR COLNE GRAND PRIX July 18, 2018