Welcome to Colne Town Council
Colne is a vibrant and handsome market town in north-east Lancashire surrounded by a glorious upland landscape, including the famous Pendle Hill. Its unspoilt countryside can be easily explored on foot or bike and we are close to many of Pendle’s loveliest villages, such as Wycollar, Trawden and Blacko. Boulsworth Hill, to the North of the Colne, is also part of Pendle’s Three Peaks Trails, while the Pendle Way and Bronte Way pass through the area.
Colne is home to the original Boundary Mill and has a thriving retail sector, with many quirky independent shops and restaurants. The Muni, Hippodrome and The Little Theatre provide fabulous cultural enrichment to the town, which also hosts the Great British Rhythm and Blues Festival each August.
Sport plays an important role in Colne life, with Colne FC, Colne Cricket Club, Colne Rugby Club, Cycle Sport Pendle and swimming Club, Colne Sharks, catering for those with sporting aspirations.
- Thousands Flocked to Colne for Torchlit Parade and Lights Switch On December 1, 2016
- Colne Town Council Takes over the Blues Festival November 23, 2016
- Christmas in Colne and Festive Food Festival set to be the Highlight of the Year November 23, 2016
- Christmas in Colne 2016 November 17, 2016
- Colne Commemorates Exhibition – 12/11/16 November 8, 2016
Colne Grand Prix 2016
Upcoming Events & Meetings